Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Starting Off

Tomorrow I go in for my pre-operative appointment. I cannot sleep. This does not surprise me as I often suffer from insomnia.

The basics. I am 32 years old. As the title states, I am about to under go breast reduction surgery. I have been on the waiting list for three years now. My surgery is being covered by the government as it is considered a health issue. I am presently a 34dd. I want to go down to nothing, but that is another issue all together. I am hoping to go to an a or b cup. I will find out tomorrow.

so many things are running through my mind right now. I really thought that three years would be enough time to prepare, but I am still very frightened. I keep thinking I will not survive the surgery. Although the chances of not surviving are slim. I am very healthy. I also have very good friends that are going to be helping me out.

Tomorrow I meet with my plastic surgeon again. I haven't seen him since my second appointment with him. He seemed nice, kind and what not. He does not frighten me. My regular doctor referred me to him. She said he was the best in the business. I trust my doctor enough to steer me in the right direction.

I once meet with a doctor when I was seventeen about getting a reduction. He told me my breasts were very lovely and that I should reconsider. I left sad and afraid. I did not know what my rights were back then.

I am going into this surgery well informed. I have thought it out and although I am hella nervous, I am very excited as well. I am hoping to keep this journal, not only for myself, but maybe someone else will stumble upon it and find it useful.

In the next few days I will be filling in the details of what brought me here. I am also hoping to compile a list of on-line resources and lists as I have seen previously. These have always been helpful to me.

till next time.