Thursday, August 17, 2006

6 Days Pre-Op.

Well, the time is getting closer and I find myself less consumed by the surgery. I spoke to the receptionist at my PS's office, and she told me that I was getting 400 grams off the left and 500 off the left. I am scheduled to go down to a B - small C. I really hope it is a small B. I will be talking to the surgeon soon. The receptionist was so amazing to talk to. She assured me that everything would go well. She was very chatty and willing to answer any questions. I also found out today that I will be getting a Lift as well as the reduction, which is kind of hilarious. Apparently the PS does it as an extra-special treat. Have I mentioned that this will be covered?

So, some things I would like to clear up. I have been waiting for this surgery for almost three years now. During that time, people have tried to talk me out of it. The thing is this, if I did not feel that this was my only option left, I would not do it. The last thing I want to do is put my body through major surgery. I have been considering the surgery for a decade now. I researched for a long time before consulting with my family doctor. People have made suggestions to me, and although they are just well wishers, I am tired of justifying what I am doing.

Some of the suggestions with my responses:

1)Why don't you just exercise?
I am very fit. I do exercise, I actually have a lot of muscle mass. I have very large pectoral muscles under my breasts. I have tried the exercise route for years. Does not work.

2) Why not just get a better bra?
Well, I am tired of wearing underwire for 12-18 hours a day, and it gets expensive. I am also tired of having to sleep in a bra. As well as find a bra-bathing costume. I am sick of having to wear a bra.

3) Why don't you diet?
Cause I am not fat. And even if I were, does that mean that I have to suffer?

This is the thing. I am in a lot of pain most of the time. Sometimes, the pain is so much I can hardly breathe. I have to sleep with a pillow supporting my chest, otherwise my ribcage caves in slightly and I spend hours trying to crack it open. My shoulders have indents in them. I have scars underneath my boobs. I have permanent sore muscles in my shoulders, I hunch, my arms go numb if I wear a bra for too long. Every time I breathe deeply my back cracks, right between my shoulder blades. I am uncomfortable, in pain, and unable to ride my bike 3-4 days each month.

Although I am not really that large, my breast are very heavy. I have gotten to a point in my life where I can accept the way I look, I am just tired of the pain and frustration of having to support the girls any longer.

Besides, wearing underwire bras isn't a healthy option.