Monday, September 11, 2006

16 days Post-Op

Okay, so things seem to be moving along quite rapidly. I got my stitches out last Thursday. I was squeamish to say the least. I could not shower for another day still, could not put on aloe until Monday(today) and have to wear my sports bra 24/7 for three months. I am actually quite grateful for the sports bra as I am very uncomfortable when I shower unsupported. So, this is what I want to address today.

I had a panic attack in the shower today. I started freaking out about the surgery. It did mot sink in until today. I think because today was the first day I really took a close look. It is amazing how afraid I am of my chest now. I do not like going out in public in case of some freak accident where I somehow have a shopping cart ram into my unsuspecting chest, opening up wounds and having them spill all over the dirty road. I know it is a far stretch, my anxiety is intense, that is why it is classified as a disorder.

I was allowed to put the aloe on my incisions today and felt close to tears while doing this. Admittedly, I am over tired and there was construction in the next room. My breast do not seem like they are mine. I am super happy about them being smaller, I haven't any regrets, and this is not a vanity issue. I just see my chest and it looks so wounded. I have bruising all along the underneath, which has taken on a blackened color. Everything seems like it is not normal.

Logically, I know that everything is going exceptionally well. My PS told me I was healing quite well and I just need to learn how to take it easy.

One thing that I have noticed is that my skin is uncharacteristically dry. All over.

I feel tired and restless.